Tuesday, April 28, 2009

B-Concourse - Denver, Colorado
B-Concourse - Denver Airport - 16 April 2009. In my childhood, Denver Airport meant Stapleton. I can recall watching with my fingers through a chain link fence as a piston-engined DC-6 taxied up to the gate. Stapleton is long gone. . .
I was going to use the ND400 filter for this shot, but realized the length of the exposure would probably have completely obliterated any evidence of human habitation. So I just stopped the lens down as far as possible, propped the camera on the railing, and lexposed for 1 second. Asahi Pentax Spotmatic w/35mm F:3.5 Super Takumar. The 35mm F:3.5 Super Takumar is a jewel-like optic: very sharp and compact. Useless for available light shooting - but for everything else, a fine performing optic.

No comments: