Thursday, September 24, 2009

Minds' Eye
Montana Muscle & Classics
If what I saw on this lot was "the best" - I'm very reluctant to see "the worst."


I spied this lot full of old cars as I rolled down Highway 93 between Missoula and Hamilton, Montana. My eye caught the body of an early 70’s Trans AM in the line-up. On a day off I found my way back, and wandered through the lot. There has to be at least twenty five mid-late 1970’s Pontiac Trans Ams in various states of decay – plus a few other vehicles. But what captured my imagination is the white Trans Am. I don’t see it as the bleaching carcass of a muscle car baking in the Montana sun.
In my minds' eye - I see this.
IMHO - the 455HO Trans Ams of this vintage are the most beautiful Pontiacs ever created - and the very embodiment of the assertion that "Pontiac Builds Excitement!"

Unless I am very mistaken - the only way that at least 80% of the vehicles on this lot are going anywhere is on a hook. Lot's of spares!

No comments: