Thursday, July 23, 2009

Four Compadres - Santa Fe, NM

Four Compadres: From right to left: 1921 Kodak Autographic Jr. (120), c.1937-1940 Kodak Junior Six-16 Series II (620), Zeiss Ikonta A (120), Zeiss Super Ikonta C (120).
I’m going to take some pictures with the Autographic and the Ikonta A just as an excuse to soup some B&W roll film. I’ve got a couple rolls hanging about – and I’ve not hand processed a roll of film in about ten years! I can scan the negs and make prints off the scans.
Do I miss working in a wet darkroom? Not one bit. It took forever to get a good exposure, paper wastage was terrible, you smelled like a chemical spill for the next four days, and if you wanted to accomplish anything – you had to have at least six hours set aside to work.
While digital cameras free you from the hassles of film development – I never found that aspect of film gear that daunting.

No comments: