Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Monsoon - Globe, Arizona









Monsoon Leica M2 with 15mm F:4.5 Voigtlander on 400 ASA Kodak color negative film. This was shot east of Globe, Arizona looking south – 03 August 2007. Double-click on the image.

I found mi compadre as a freshman at the University of Colorado in 1970. It was only the second Leica M2 I’d ever seen. Better still – it was BLACK – like all those cool Nikon slrs. The black Leica M2 body was mine for $150.00. Since then I’ve learned it is something of a collector item. I’ll shoot with it until I shoot no more . . .

Leitz optics were/are overpriced. Canon made rangefinder cameras and lenses till 1970 – and I’ve got the three I lusted after as a teenager: 35mm F:1.5, 50mm F:1.2, and 100mm F:2.0. Do I sound like a “fast glass fanatic?”

No comments: